Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our Big Helper

Lately Will has become our shadow and honestly, I can't speak for Krissy, it feels more like he's become primarily mine. When I get home from work in the evening or if it's the weekend, if there's stuff for me to do, I'm taking care of it, and my BIG helper is right along with me.

Since we've been working in the yard a lot lately, Will has been following me around copying everything I do with his own shovel, wheel barrel, and his version of work gloves. His are of course decorated with Lighting McQueen from Disney's "Cars" movie. I love my big helper, even when he gets in the way or sprays me with water while taking care of our plants. He's helped us put together his swing set with a screw driver and he's even gone as far as to help us pick-up the laundry. The best is the way he even copies the way I hold my broom when I'm sweeping out the garage!

One of his recent helping obsessions though is with taking out the garbage! I guess we should be really pleased about this while he's volunteering to help without being asked and without the incentive of an allowance. I can't even get out the door with a garbage bag without him running up to me screaming to grab part of the bag or to take it out himself. This has even gone as far to include rolling out and bringing in the garbage cans.

He has to have a hand in everything we do, no matter how big or small, and we're enjoying it all!


Helping Dada by taking out the trash.


This kid is a hard worker!

No comments:

Post a Comment