Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

On Thursday, August 20, Ben and I celebrated my 27th birthday in Alexandria with the Byrds at our favorite Mexican Restaurant, Los Portales. Then we got to go home to Lafayette to celebrate with the families. As I was sitting down for my birthday dinner on Saturday evening, and looked around the table at all of my favorite people in the world, I thought about the previous year.

As most of you know 2008 into early 2009 was a challenging time for Ben and me. I know to some it may not seem as though it was that rough, but for us it was the first time we really had to make some tough, life changing decisions as a married couple regarding career choices, finances, location, living situation, selling the house, etc. Not to mention also dealing with emotions from sadness and apprehension about our move to joy and elation about our upcoming arrival and being closer to our families. And of course I always had the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel," in my head, but must admit that sometimes I never thought that would come or that everything would be okay.

And that's exactly what I thought about in the middle of my birthday dinner on Saturday night...That everything
is okay. It was a heck of a ride, and I must admit we acquired some bumps and bruises along the way, but we're here and still standing. We have made it through the sad losses of Paw Paw and Grandma Jo, went to Austin, moved to Alexandria, left Lulu in Lafayette with her grandparents, sold our home (after nearly 11 months), and most importantly added a sweet, precious, snuggly, funny, cute, adorable, huggable, lovable, dear baby boy to our family. I couldn't be any happier and feel life just doesn't get any better than this. We now know that we can get through anything that comes our way, especially if we have each other and the support of our families.

After writing such a long blog, I guess I could just put it simply and safely say...

My Birthday Wish(es) all came true!



The birthday weekend started out on a perfect note during a photo shoot with Will.


Will is looking over at the yummy cookie cake, and wishing he had teeth to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment