Monday, December 14, 2009

The Great Escape

Over the past few weeks, Will has attempted to get out of the various things we own to entertain him while we get things done around the house. A few weeks ago, I put him in his crib so I could open the blinds and get ready for the day. Literally two seconds after I put him in there, I happened to turn around and he was on his tip toes, reaching over the side, and leaning over it at his hips. I thank God that I turned around at that very moment, as any longer, and he could have pushed himself right over the side of his crib. It was that night that Ben and I decided we would lower the crib mattress.

Later that afternoon, Will was playing in his exersaucer as I was picking up a few odds and ends around the house. I heard one of his toys drop on the floor, and when I went to pick it up for him, I saw he had managed to get one foot out of one of the holes, and was hanging over the side, reaching for his toy. He was practically hanging upside down from it, and had the proudest smile on his face as if to say, "It's okay Mom. I've got it."

Finally, today our Little Bean dropped something in front of his walker, and sure enough I watched him push himself up and start leaning over the walker to get his toy.

As I am typing this, I am thinking it looks as though I don't even watch him, but the fact of the matter is I have always been in the same room with him when it happens. He is just so darn fast. He is constantly curious and never stops moving. In a way, I'm glad it has all happened as it did, because it signaled us to lower the crib, and increase both the exersaucer and walker heights.



I caught our little Houdini in the act of trying to escape his walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment