Thursday, October 7, 2010

Defiant Dude

Turns out our sweet, innocent 18 month old is not so sweet and innocent anymore.... He is going through what I like to call his "let's see how much I can get away with" phase. For example, the other day, Ben was eating lunch and had a bag of chips on the floor next to him. Our sweet little angel decided he wanted some and dumped the entire bag of chips on the floor to make them easier to retrieve. The dumping of the chip bag was followed by a look at both mom and dad then a smirk. To top it off, he slowly walked over to the chips on the floor and tried to secretly step on and smash them as if he thought we didn't know what he was doing. This event was followed by a "no no" from Ben and I to which he replied by mocking us and screaming "No no!" throughout the house as he ran around with the biggest grin on his face. It was quite hilarious.

The other new thing Will likes to do right now is swing his bat, broom, and rake at various things. Today as he and I were outside eating lunch, he got up and decided to swing his broom at the car. After I said no the first time, he swung his broom again, waiting for my reaction, followed by another no from me which still warranted no concerned reaction, but a smirk instead. Finally, the third no warranted him to stop and he ran over and gave me the biggest hug ever with many pats on the back. I knew what he was doing and it totally worked. Those sweet hugs and eyes get me every single time, and he knows it. I know it will probably come back to bite us in the butt, but how stern and serious can you really be with a cute, sweet, innocent 1 1/2 year old?

No comments:

Post a Comment