Monday, June 15, 2009

I Love You, Goodnight

Krissy and I really enjoy reading to Will, and I think he enjoys it even more! Even when he's not feeling well, story time always seems to calm him. Some of his books are very short, so short, that I've memorized them. One of the stories I like reading to him at night is a story titled I Love You, Goodnight, by Jon Buller and Susan Schade. It's far from the most complicated piece of literature ever written, but it sure is sweet when he stares up at me as I recite it to him.

For your reading pleasure, here is I Love You, Goodnight.


I love you like blueberry pancakes.
I love you like strawberry milkshakes.

I love you like frogs love flies.
I love you like pigs love pies.

I love you like mice love cheese.
I love you like vines love trees.

I love you like the wind loves blowing.
I love you like plants love growing.

I love you like boots love splashing in puddles.
I love you like bears love kisses and cuddles.

I love you like the moon at night; big and round, and warm and bright.
I love you, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment