Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Sounds of Silence

I've got Ozzy blaring out of the stereo (my comfort music), but the condo still seems so quiet. The whole place feels very stale.

Krissy and Bean went back to Lafayette yesterday to visit with family friends from Anniston, AL, which leaves me away from my little guy for the first time.
:( With a new-born in the house, time seems to fly by! There's always something to do, there's always someone to care for, there's always action and interaction. "Hey, can you clean those bottles, and fill some more up?" "I'm going to do a load of laundry, can you grab Will's burp cloths from the other room?" "Shush shush, every thing's alright Little Man, Daddy's coming with your bottle." "Ben, how long does it take to warm up a bottle?!?!"

I miss my Bean, and I miss my Darlin'. I can't wait to see them tomorrow! They are my life. They bring an incredible purpose to my being on this planet.
It's crazy how quickly life's priorities change. Three weeks ago, things seemed so difficult, but with Will's arrival, everything just seems easier and clearer. I'm here to be the best Dad and husband I can be.

You're my religion, you're my reason to live
You are the heaven in my hell

We've been together for a long long time

And I just can't live without you

No matter what you do, I'm here for you.

- Ozzy Osbourne "Here For You"

We've said it before, and I'll say it again, we are very lucky to have found some great friends in Alexandria. We had friends who were there when we needed them (and still are) in Asheville, and we've been blessed to have found some equally fantastic people here. Thanks Byrds for inviting me over for some delicious "American" Enchiladas!

I always have to leave you with a new photo of Will, so here's a shot focusing on his tiny little feet.


Ten perfect little toes

1 comment:

  1. Okay- So I am sorry i am always the one to comment first, I guess I should get some other hobbies!! BUt I LOVe this blog! I cannot wait for this shift in perspective, I can't wait for Justin to experience it. We knew it exsisted, but just haven't had the chance to experience it! Yeah for kidlets!

    ReplyDelete